HEART-ON FOR ASBURY: 18 FUN THINGS TO DO IN ASBURY PARK
Below are 18 fun reasons to love Asbury Park, even more, right now.
1. You can take your summer visitors on a fab walking tour by just stepping out your front door. There is history, “real” architecture and beauty everywhere here.
2. Anyone can pretend they are Tiger Woods for a day at the Colonial Terrace Golf Course on Wickapecko Drive.
3. Retro, difficult-to-find, sweet treat cravings are within reach at Candyteria on the Boardwalk.
4. Resident David Napp can recite any scene from the “Golden Girls” for you on demand.
5. Drinking a great cup of Asbury Roastery coffee while watching the morning surfers on our beach is a fantastic way to start each day.
6. You can swim, hike, canoe, dance, run, fish, ride your bike, do yoga, golf, walk a trail and play Frisbee, kickball, basketball or tennis and more – for free – all within our TMZ (three-mile zone).
7. Something seriously great can be bought for less than $1 at Coastal Habitat for Humanity’s thrift store, ReStore, on Third Avenue.
8. Fab stores like Shelter Home enable us to give amazing, original, modern gifts without having to leave town.
9. Secretly gazing at the ocean and bodies on the boardwalk is easy at Watermark Lounge’s 1,500 square foot patio.
10. You can dance your butt off until 3 am at Paradise.
11. Learning or seeing something new is as simple as walking into the Asbury Park Library or Turner Gallery in Ocean Township.
12. The Asbury Park Historical Society works overtime for all of us to ensure the vintage charm that makes this City one-of-a-kind remains in tact.
13. Helen Chantal-Pike knows everything about Asbury Park’s history and is happy to share.
14. Bowling is a blast at Asbury Lanes.
15. There’s always something interesting going on at the Stephen Crane House.
16. The Tides Hotel gives us a guilt-free fabulous option to store trying guests.
17. Deal Lake is 158 acres of beautiful bird watching and fish and turtle scouting.
18. Having your baby’s hand or foot print immortalized in glass, for Mom or Grandma or anyone else this Mother’s Day is as easy as walking into Hot Sand.
Briefly: I need to thank the mothers of Hugh Jackman and Ryan Reynolds. These two guys are gasp-worthy – so beautiful. I just can’t stop objectifying them. Imagine being so hot you don’t have to have a point to your conversation. Just ramble on and on and no one cares cause it’s so nice to look at you – everything you say is dynamic. That’s these guys.
And Tori Spelling and her mom Candy’s new books – “Mommywood”, and “Candyland” respectively, are great, fluffy, fun, dishy, dirty summer reading. The photos are so telling its like getting two books in one.