“UGLY PEOPLE CRAFT AND PRETTY PEOPLE HAVE SEX”: AMY SEDARIS’ BOOK REVEALS THE OTHER SIDE OF CRAFTING
After her huge success with “I Like You” – the utlimate book of entertaining – the brilliant and beautiful Amy Sedaris returns with the “whos and whats of crafting” in “Simple Times: crafts for poor people”.
“Simple Times” is the first of three new books I absolutely love for the holiday. Amy’s book is fabulous and so much fun you will want one for yourself and one for each of the rascally people you love.
Conquering television, film, live theatre and now her second best-selling book. I think Amy can rightfully be called the Princess of All Media. “Simple Times” solidifies her stature in the literature world as the poor man’s Martha Stewart, Dr. Phil, Nate Berkus and wacked-out, gay icon Liza Minnelli.
Amy writes: “Although the book is marketed towards sane, intelligent adults – frankly, that’s where the money is – should it fall into the hands of the mentally challenged, it will do them no harm. Conversely, it will speak to them directly…”
Buy “Simple Times” and learn how to achieve “a lovely something that nobody needs,” and:
- Why every room should look like an attic.
- How to give gifts this holiday that are “unreturnable”
- Why there is no more righteous reason to craft than for Jesus – the ultimate crafter.
- Why depressed people don’t realize they are a burden to their family and how to craft with them.
- What to craft after your pet dies – losing a pet is “more difficult than losing a human because you were not pretending to love the pet.”
- The joy of poverty – why Amy sees poverty as a “fortunate opportunity for creative resourcefulness.”
- What the best crafting options are for the criminally insane.
- …and teenagers have a lot of pain
Actually, peppered in between the laugh-out-loud commentary, “Simple Times” is a lot of fun, practical, easy crafting ideas for those cold winter shore nights.
“Simple Times” is in book stores everywhere and at Amazon.com.