NEW OCEAN TOWNSHIP PARKING RULES IN APPROX. 100 WORDS
New parking rules are in effect for trucks and larger vehicles throughout Ocean Township. Here’s what you need to know:
- Residents are not permitted to park or store truck cabs, pick-up coaches, boats, buses, mobile homes or recreational vehicles on any street, in any zone, of Ocean Township.
- Parking or storing trailers of all types, including truck, boat, house, camp, recreational and equipment is prohibited on the street.
- Any vehicle exceeding one or more of the following dimensions is prohibited from street parking: 8 feet wide, 9 feet high, twenty feet long or 12,000 pounds in registered weight. This ordinance supplements an existing one which prohibits residents from parking vehicles over 6,000 pounds overnight.
- Street parking for vehicles with commercial plates is now restricted to one per household.
- The ordinance was enacted to prohibit commercial vehicles, cargo, landscape and boat trailers from being parked in residential neighborhoods.
“Over the years, we have received many complaints of trailers and large vehicles being left parked or stored on the street,” said Lieutenant Timothy Torchia. “The township council has responded to the community (with this ordinance) and these issues will now be eliminated.”
Stay updated on everything Ocean Township – subscribe to Nixle alerts or the police department’s Twitter feed. Join your specific neighborhood’s online community on NextDoor.com to share news and keep in touch.
Join 12,000 others and follow TheBPlot on Twitter.