“DIPPING” UP TO SIX TIMES: LIST OF THE 10 HIGHEST PAID LOCAL PUBLIC EMPLOYEES MAY SURPRISE YOU
List of Top 10 highest paid local public employees “triple dipping” (or more) with New Jersey pension-eligible jobs in 2013….
NAME > ONE LOCAL LOCATION, (TOTAL# JOBS), TOTAL SALARY
- Anfuso, Timothy > Avon, (4), $157,758
- Antonides, John > Avon, (3), $135,622
- Barnett, Peter > Allenhurst Borough, (4), $139,000
- Doolittle, William > Neptune Twp., (3), $181,596
- Gallagher, Stephen > Ocean Twp., (5), $266,568 [top 20% of all of New Jersey]
- Haege, Thomas > Interlaken, (3), $127,814
- Liguori, James > Ocean Twp., (6), $249,152
- Massaro, Salvatore > Ocean Twp., (3), $138,705
- Mullane, Edward > Bradley Beach, (3), $126,397
- Thompson, Richard > Tinton Falls, (6), $217,500
Not one woman on the list.
“When they retire, they get 1/55th of their salary per year of service,” said our benefits expert. “Example, if someone works 20 years, their annual pension will total approximately 20.5 percent of the average of their three final year’s salary. Public employees are required to pay more than four percent of their salary into the state pension system and their employer is required to do the same.”
Salaries and number of locations are based on information reported to the state pension system as of the end of 2014. Some salaries may be inflated due to retroactive or other pay. “Number of jobs ” may include employees who changed jobs in 2014. Click here for the 2012 salaries of all full-time Asbury Park employees.
WHAT YOU ARE SAYING…