THE “BEST, MOST TERRIFIC” QUOTES FROM WOMEN’S MARCH SIGNS
Originally published in The Coaster January 23, 2017…
The Women’s March on Saturday was an inspiring show of feminist strength. In Asbury Park and around the country women along with the people who love them spoke with their collective presence, their knitted “pussy cat” caps, as well as the red, white, blue, or pink signs they carried.
Here is a quick recap of the greatest sign quotes…
– Melania: blink twice if you want us to save you.
– NOW you’ve pissed off grandma.
– I have a sign. It’s a really great sign. It’s gonna be terrific. Trust me.
– Just TRY To Grab It
– I cannot believe we still have to march for this sh*t
– The future is in our [proportionally-sized] hands
– If men got pregnant you could get an abortion at an ATM.
– It’s better to light a candle than curse the darkness.
– Men of quality support women’s equality
– Respect for women of color
– I love my Muslim neighbor
– We will not be voted into the closet
– Maybe we should add pumpkin spice to racism so more white women will care
– Vaginas brought you into the world and vaginas will vote you out
– I’m so angry I made a sign
– It’s time to ovary-act!
– We shall over-comb
– Too many things to protest to fit on this sign
– Never underestimate the power of a queer with a tambourine
– This doctor’s Rx: Avoid toxins like racism, misogyny & hate
– Take away my birth control and I’ll make more feminists
– Coach once told me that I ran like a girl. And I said if he ran a little faster, he could too.
– Grab him by his tax returns
– To all the little girls watching right now: never doubt you are valuable, powerful, & deserving of every chance in the world
– SO BAD, even introverts are here!
Cheers to every soul who marched. Check out local images using the hashtag #WomensMarchAP.
WHICH SIGN WAS YOUR FAVORITE? USE THE COMMENT SECTION BELOW!